Strategic Objective 1 (Outcome 1): To strengthen the policy and institutional environment for enhanced resilience of rural livelihoods in semi-arid zones of Africa
Output 4: Development of agricultural commodity value chains to enhance resilience of livelihoods and production systems promoted.
- Facilitating RECs to develop regional value chains and establishment of regional Commodity Committees.
- Facilitating the development of frameworks and guidelines for integrating commodity value-chains in national and regional policies and strategic plan;
- Supporting national and regional research and development organizations. (to generate and disseminate value-chain-enhancing technologies;
- Identifying policy options and investment opportunities to enhance resilience of agricultural value-chains and working with national (e.g. Ministries of Agriculture, Trade and Industry) and regional (e.g RECs) organizations to institutionalize value-chain development approaches within their policies and strategies;
- Supporting innovation platforms (IPs) to scale-up technologies for promoting commodity value-chains.