Strategic Objective 2 (Outcome 2): To strengthen research-related capacity for agricultural productivity and climate change adaptation for enhanced resilience of rural livelihoods in Semi-Arid Zones of Africa
Output 5: Agricultural research and transfer of technologies and innovations that enhance the resilience of smallholder livelihoods facilitated.
- Building the research capability of young researchers.
- Enable young researchers acquire knowledge and skills necessary for planning, conducting, and publishing and evaluating quality research.
- Supporting/facilitating skills acquisition by young researchers through, for instance, exploring opportunities in national, regional and international research institutions for short-term training, internship and other vehicles of skills acquisition;
- Advocating for, and providing support to, young researchers’ participation in resilience-building technical meetings, including workshops, seminars and conferences to develop their skills and gain experience;
- Organizing regular AU – SAFGRAD SOP 2019-2023 51 meetings of young researchers to discuss and exchange information on research and development issues in semi-arid zones of Africa and